HI everyone!! It has been such a crazy week or so since I last wrote an update! God is always on the move and it literally amazes me every day that I've been here. :)
I cant remember what I last wrote about, but I wanted to let you all know that I had a friend in my class who got really ill for about a week and then took a medication that she had an allergic reaction to so she's been battling a lot this last week. Thank you all who have been praying for her, she is doing so much better! My other friend who had the visa problems about a few weeks ago is here and safe. I guess when I wrote the update, it was a comment back to someone on a status I had written and not everyone saw it, so I'm sorry I've been so scatterbrained. :/
My class has been having a lot of struggles with being spiritually attacked but we're standing strong! Some of us have been sick, some of us have issues at home that we're worried about, and others of us haven't been getting much sleep at night. I've been doing pretty well for the most part but I haven't been getting good sleep and there are things going on at home that have been on my mind a lot that I've been worried about.
This week is week 6 already which means that we have about 6 more (I believe we have 12 weeks of lecture all together)!! We are doing what we call "Holy Spirit" week. It's so crazy the things that I've been learning and one of the things that stood out to me was the fact that we have to take God for all that he is and not just the things that we're comfortable with. Honestly on the first day, I was thinking that there weren't really very many areas that I could think about where I was uncomfortable. But then we started talking about the gifts of prophecy and tongues and mannnn let me tell you, that's a whole other realm that I didnt really think much about. I still dont really know how to process everything but I know that its all based on scripture and I feel like I understand so many things so much better now. Another key quote that I liked is that often God will offend our minds in order to reveal what's in our hearts. With the whole issue of the Holy Spirit, I'm learning that there's a difference between being baptized in the persons of God (the trinity) and actually being baptized BY the Holy spirit. One is being literally baptized but it doesnt mean the Holy Spirit is in you, and the other IS Him inside you. I guess I never really thought of that until today. It's weird how sometimes you can think you know so much about God and then you realize that you dont. Honestly my view has been changing and its been so encouraging to be taken out of my box. Yesterday, I dont know if it was the first time or what but I found myself swaying in class which wasn't something I was doing on my own. I also found myself shaking and having a hard time breathing cause of how fast my heart was beating. I guess when the Holy Spirit enters you, the devilish spirits are leaving and thats why you have a hard time breathing sometimes. Anyway, I just was crying out of the blue which is weird cause I tend to be a really logical person and I dont cry unless I have a legit reason and even then, I dont like to cry in daylight and especially in front of others. Today though...I learned how to speak in tongues and it was the weirdest thing ever...I felt so much peace and even though it was scary...I finally understand it in a different way then what I was brought up with. I guess I always thought that maybe it was demonic and that only super special people could do it.
The latest with my class, is that we're trying to fundraise to get support for outreach. We have to have a certain amount in by this coming Friday (17th) and then the rest of it by next week. I honestly am feeling so much peace even though there are several thousand dollars more that I need. I dont worry cause I know that God got me this far and he really cares so deeply about this and the things of my heart, that he's going to take care of this. Please pray for my class! We're fundraising this Saturday night at 7pm our time and a lot of my friends are doing a work duty which means they are working for about eight hours in the day and are tired. Please pray that we will get all the planning done that we need to, that we will get the sleep and have the energy that we need and that we will have a lot of people interested in coming. Also, please pray that we will get the exact amounts that we need and that IF there are any of us that are meant to go home instead of outreach, that we'll be able to afford a ticket home and that God will show us what he has next for us. Thanks so much for the prayers and support!!
No comments:
Post a Comment