Hi everyone!! I want to go in more depth about what's been going on lately here soon, but I want to share what God has been doing this last week!
So to start out, it was a little weird of a week. It was really emotional and just so much going on. I felt like I got the answers I needed, so I felt peace and that things are going to be ok. :)
I'm not sure what all I already mentioned, but I think I've told you all by this point that it's 100 percent certain that we're not going to Israel. I was a little disappointed because I mean, it's ISRAEL...who wouldn't want to go there?? But at the same time I just didnt feel peace about it in my heart and really praying and hoping God will protect my school, me, and anyone that might be in Israel at the time that none of us felt peace with being there. I dont know what's going to happen but I feel that it could be big. I really think that God is going to protect us though and use us in big ways. We're all getting excited about the visions and things that God is speaking to our class about the outreach!! There is a funny thing though...we're not going to Israel but one of the many places we're going in South Africa, is called "Bethlehem" haha God is crazy awesome that way!! We found out that we're going to LA (California) for outreach. It's kind of weird because I have other friends that are worried about the outreach fee and yet with me I dont have very much funds towards it at this time but I feel peace and just know in my heart that if I'm meant to go, God is going to work it out and I'm not going to freak out about it when there really is nothing that I can do. I dont know how I feel about going because there are so many things either way both pros and cons to going home. I want to stay because I want to be able to graduate from here. Yes, it's going to be a really long time before I can touch and just be with my family and friends, but then I get to graduate which isn't really something I could say I've done before with that much pride! I will be missing a lot of things back home but I know God is good and I know that the things I miss are going to be worked out in such a way where I'll survive haha.
This past week was what we call "Corporate Week" which is basically all the DTS students (about 600 out of the thousand or so) meet at the Ohana court (where we have the live streams of worship services on Thursday nights and Monday mornings) and we have worship and a speaker gives a message. This week the speaker that taught was covering several topics and one that is standing out to me is just the fact that when you let God love you, everything else falls into place and you dont need to worry about anything. God has really been blessing me so much. Some of you have heard this, but we have a boutique on campus which is basically like GoodWill but free, so you can just take the items that you like. Honestly, there have been so many things I needed or even things I simply wanted that I was thinking "I'm more than willing to live without such and such.." and yet God provided those very things! Another huge blessing that pretty much had me SO close to being in tears, was the fact that just yesterday I was freaking out about how I'm going to afford to get home AND cover my costume fee (costume fees are $200) so I was just praying about it cause I just felt terrible for asking for more support from anyone who is already giving more than I could ever dream of. Well, today when I went to go pay my costume fee I was told that it was paid for me and that the person that did it wanted to remain anonymous. I am SO so blessed, I couldn't even speak because of how strong the shock was. I really feel like we are all family here, its so amazing. For all my Creation friends, it really feels like that in some ways. Every day feels like Creation but with more of a school/house setting rather than a concert/camping setting. Like I mentioned in the more personal blog, there are some things I'm struggling with right now with my classes and things that I want to just think through so I can figure out what to apply. Please continue to be praying for me because there are situations coming up that I'm possibly going to have to make decisions about. Thank you so much for all your prayers, I really REALLY appreciate them so much more than you know!! You really are a part of this journey with me! Going to try my best to write more updates here soon. Love you all, blessings!!
No comments:
Post a Comment