Tuesday, April 2, 2013
Blessed
I can't believe how fast everything is happening! I will save all the details, but YWAM has been on my heart since Freshman year of high school when I started going on mission trips with my youth group to Kamiah, Idaho through YWAM. Fast forward several years and it seemed that I came upon the Kona school site on accident. I was just looking for a week long mission trip and was led to the school site where I found that I'd be able to live my dream of doing art through missions and making a difference in people's lives! I just really felt God wanted me to apply so even though I wasn't sure it would work for me to go (I had looked into several other schools and things always fell through with them) I decided to just take a leap and do it. I dont know what I was expecting but I certainly never thought I'd be able to actually GO. For those of you who might not know, I've always wanted to visit Hawaii, go back to Africa, do dance...etc. I never thought it was possible to combine all of that until now. There have been so many crazy awesome things I've been seeing God do over the last couple months of preparing to leave. There have been several trials...most recently was the one where I was questioning whether God really wanted me to go. After a lot of prayer and encouragement, I was able to figure out that God really did want me to go but I had to let him help me sort through all the fears I have. The devil has been using several personal things in my life to try to get me to either question going, or just get discouraged to a point where I just dont have motivation to do the things necessary for preparing. God has had my back all the way through. I dont know for sure at this point, but I think I have most of my tuition paid for, I believe I have my flights, my shot I needed before school is taken care of, and there have been so many other blessings as well. I'm going to do my best to update regularly what is going on at school while I'm gone, and all that God will be doing! My hope and prayer is that all of you who will be witnessing my journey will be inspired and encouraged in your walk as well. I want to be a light and to make a difference. Please continue to keep me in your prayers as I'm getting really nervous for the arrival of the day I fly out (2 more days). I've not flown in about 18 years so this is really nerve racking for me especially since I'll be by myself. I'm trusting God with a lot of personal things that I wont know the outcome until possibly as long as October. Please pray for emotional, physical, and spiritual protection because I know that leading up to the time I leave is going to be challenging. Thank you so much and if any of you would like to support me financially please contact me and I'll walk you through it! Thanks for wanting to be a part of this story God is writing in my life. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment