So I'm a little behind with my notes since it's now week 3 for school haha. For part 3 of Father Heart of God week, these are some of the things that I learned:
Our number one priority in life needs to be relationship with God.
Never blame others, take responsibility for your part in the situation. God created us in His image so that we could see him better.
When we put up shields, it keeps us from experiencing the full blessings in love that God has for us. Christ died for our sins but he did more for us that day; he got the keys back for us. There are things that can keep us from God like our fears, the past and other things and yet God wants to take care of those things and heal us of our wounds.
Yesterday is yesterday...you shouldn't be carrying the negative parts of yesterday into today but you DO need to carry the positive things into today because if you never apply the things you learn, it's just head knowledge and is no good because it cant and wont transform you.
---- I pretty much have to sum up all of what I learned because there were so many things. We were talking about how to tell the difference between the voices of the devil, your own voice, and then God's voice. This speaker was talking about how there are 3 parts of our lives= the spirit, the soul, and the body. The devil wants to get to your soul first so like your emotions and thoughts cause if he does that, he can get to your body. The devil always goes for the body first cause he knows that he cant destroy the head which is Christ. The devil cant tempt you through the spirit because the spirit is where God resides and it's completely pure. We were talking about how sometimes God will bring up random things in your life that might seem out of place, but that is just God really wanting to work on something with you.
Something cool we did, was instead of reading the 1 corinthians 13 verse the way we always do (which is usually a message about how we need to learn to be more patient etc)..which isn't a bad thing at all, we were learning about how God is those things (patient, kind etc) to us. I thought it was a really great spin on how God really loves us more than we would think.
I feel like for me specifically, God was really telling me to just to let go of past ways of thinking. I have to choose if I want to be fathered by lies or by love and I know that one sounds obvious as to which I should pick, but far too often I live the opposite way. The thing that I learned about myself that week was that I dont really accept love that easy. I know that I'm loved but I dont believe it. However, I felt like the walls were melting and its really scary. I'm facing all these things that I didnt even know where there or I did know, but just didnt want to talk about it or face it. They're not really bad things, they're just ways of thinking that have been making me miserable and more stressed than I've acknowledged. It's crazy how before I came here, I had these ideas of things that I was hoping could maybe happen and yet the crazy thing about it, is that all the changes that I wanted and knew NEEDED to happen are taking place. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment