I wanted to share with you all the different notes I've taken from this past week. I'll try my best to make it more understandable haha and I hope it's at least a fraction of how inspiring it was for me!
Something I knew before that was a good reminder is that the devil knows enough of our potential that he's going to do whatever he can to deceive us.
We are powerful and spiritual beings, and our speaker for this last week was telling us that most of us are deceived into thinking that we dont really have that much power in Christ.
We learned that to the degree that we understand God's love is the degree that we'll be able to love ourselves and others. We've heard it all before, that we're created in His image but I think it wasn't really till this week that I finally understood what that means. God loved us so much that he wanted to create the rest of the world first..just so we could see his beauty and enjoy different things about him. The crazy part is that even with how creative he was with the animals, humans are the only things that are truly created to have Christ's likeness.
We were told not to despise small beginnings since that's the way God starts out in all of us. God is healing you and you'll be able to learn to trust again---that was something that stood out to me when this speaker was prophesying over a friend. It really is something that caught me off guard because I don't think I've ever experienced someone getting a prophetic word over them. I really felt as though God was using what was said for those people, for the rest of us too. :)
We cant really live full lives when we're living based on lies...it's crazy to think just how many lies we actually believe and I'm so thankful that God showed us these things this last week. The way we live our lives really teaches sometimes more than words do. If you hear things multiple times, it's usually because God really wants you to listen to that thing. For me it seems like a no brainer but I think there are times where I KNOW that but I dont apply it.
When we put up shields in our lives, it keeps us from experiencing the full blessings God has for us. That was a big one for me, because I tend to retreat a lot when something is too hard, something I'm scared of, or upsetting me. If you dont take the things that you learned from yesterday, into today...then the things that you learned are pointless. Often there are things that I learn and yet never really process because I over think everything. :P Something I thought was really neat was that God is all things in our lives-the past, the present, and the future...which although might seem obvious...means that he has all of these things in control. He has our past, present, and future and he's going to use all the things in our lives to bring him glory. Even the times that we turn our backs on him, he will always pursue us. When we isolate ourselves, we open ourselves up to be deceived. Temptation appeals in the areas that we've been broken and it literally separates us from God. That's why there are times in our lives where we say "Why was God not protecting us" sometimes it's because we stepped out of his plan. I have a lot of other things to share too...but I think I'll save that more for later since I already wrote a lot, and I'll try to write more frequently that way there isn't always so much to read. :P Blessings!!
No comments:
Post a Comment