Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Heart of the Father (beginning of week 2)

I believe that this week's lecture title is called The Heart of the Father. :) I'm going to leave the more personal stuff out since I know that those of you who know me and want to learn more about those areas, can ask me if you like! :) I will be honest and say that this week has been really challenging for me, which is really good but its been really hard. Already there have been issues brought to the surface that I didnt even know were either around still or even existing at all. One thing I've been learning is that I need to deal with things right as they come up, otherwise I have a tendency of sweeping under the rug and forgetting about it. Good news is that I have school all the way paid for!! I'm still waiting on the rest of outreach (which I have to have by May 1st), tickets to come home in October, and then personal funds to keep my phone etc going haha. There might be other things I need that I'm forgetting but other than that I think I'm good :) I still need a couple thousand with outreach and tickets included all together so please be praying God will provide and also if you would like to support me please let me know! I've had a crazy busy week-I saw a scorpion a few inches away (too close for comfort) and yet my good friend Gaeton is like "Dont be fraid of  for God wont let it keel you since you are doing His work" lol.  I've had non-stop days from 5am to about 8pm and then I dont really get to talk to very many people from home or even really figure out my thoughts on the lessons. It's pretty hard to find alone time but I really love the girls. 2 friends of mine and I wrote a song this weekend and then we took our music to the beach and I guess God brought my paths in line with 2 guys who were really interested in our art and wanted to know our stories. We had a little bit of a scare that I guess in the last quarter 3 people from this island (not from the school) were be-headed so now we have to be really careful when we travel. We got some bad news about one of my fellow students so she has to leave the states to get visa info figured out. Really hoping and praying the best for her! It was also the same day we found out about Boston and there were other things going on just for me personally. I cant remember if I mentioned this or not but I learned yesterday that if we dont really understand God's love, it's going to reflect in the way that we act and think. We got to watch the performance on DVD last night so now we know what our pieces are going to look like and Man they are GOOD. I guess I didnt know we will be performing in front of like 3,000 people! I tried out for hip hop again tonight so I dont really know whether or not I'm going to be able to be a part of it but I'm willing to learn. :) I already have recieved 2 letters from friends and family from home so I feel very loved and missed. :) I would love to add more but its super late here and I just need sleep I think ha. Anyway thank you for sharing in this journey with me and please be praying for the things going on in my life, my school, and with my peers. Please pray that I will figure out what to do after this etc. One thing that I wanted to mention too, is that today we were talking about orphans and I was just thinking Lord willing, I want my husband to be open to that someday. Anyway it's really weird the things God is doing in me. Thanks for your prayers and support!

No comments:

Post a Comment